Tuesday, August 11, 2020

TRIBUTE TO THE DEPARTED SOUL OF A GREQT FRIEND, AN ILLUSTRIOUS SON OF IJEBULAND AND PEOPLE'S SAVIOUR FROM KWAM 1WASIU AYINDE MARSHAL




         Towards the nightfall of yesterday 8th of August 2020, A call came to me about the passing away of my friend of many years, whom I owes many successes along my musical career to his support, both in open and behind the scenes.

    SENATOR BURUJI KASHAMU

           I remember over 42 years back in Adekunle in Ebute-Metta area of Lagos State, also at the Old Lagos Mainland local government headquarters, next to Panti Police Station.

          My friend demands of me, that i must always come to have lunch with him at Mama Latifu Amala joint, inside the council parking area Every Thursday's unfailingly.

          All the way from Idumagbo Avenue in lagos Island, my father's house, I will deck in my usual white guinea brocade and Pronto from Idumota via oyingbo, il be at the spot to spent time with him.

    HIS ADVISE TO ME THEN:

          Arakunrin mii no matter what, keep doing what you know in doing and always put in your best, one day you shall be like those you seeing in the forefront, even more than them when the time comes.

          Another time, he would be like, should you need anything pls do not hesitate to demands of me and I shall contribute my own little coin.

          I never bothers him, but never stop seeing my friend wherever movements takes him.

          Even up to when he later opened office along Allen Avenue in Ikeja Lagos.

            
          He sent for me one day in cotonou bennin Republic, after attending a performance of mine and he felt he needs to do more for his friend.

    A SUPRISE AWAITS ME:

          On getting to his residence in Cotonou,my friend gives to me an envelope that contains MOTOR VEHICLE PARTICULARS & BANK DRAFT ISSUED FOR THE DUTY AT THE BENNIN - NIGERIA BORDER.

           That is how I became a owner of Dawoo Racer Executive, a car he happens to be the Sole Distributor in Africa and has its jurisdiction in Republic of Bennin & other Francophone countries.

            Many automobiles follows thereafter. I can never forget your benevolent adieu my dear friend. Ibu Owo as I always call you.

           The only time we ever tore a different lane, was my already stands with the Asiwaju Bola Tinubu lead progressive opposition in government and him been a staunch supporters of the Ruling party in government at that time.

          Still, that never affected in any way our friendship full of love and respect for each other.

    MY PROMISE TO HIM:

           I keep saying to him anytime our path crosses during the struggle to liberate our people via political servitude.

          A day is coming, if you ever choose to be a governorship candidate in our dear state of Ogun, i will openly come and do the needful as my own contribution to that cause, as you have always been a staunch supporter of anything me and i would be failing if I dont do that.

           His response has always been 'Olorun a funwa se.

           I never knew that will never be, as death took his hands away from the services he passionately loves doing, not only for his own benefits alone, but for many downtrodden and people across our dear state, even more importantly AKILE IJEBU in general.

         My friend is gone and gone for ever, Hmmmmm KABIO OSI IWO OLODUMARE.

          Very recently not more than 2 Months ago, we lost another powerful force in the development of humanity and the downtrodden also in Ijebuland like you.

          A serving Senator representing Lagos East Senatorial District, Senator Sikiru Oshinowo (PEPPERITO)

          May Almighty Allah in his infinite mercies forgive our sins and please let this stopped, so that many amongst us doing marvelously well would not back off from standing for our people as political leaders.

          We dare not question your judgment and authority over us via death Oh Lord. but we are begging for your mercies.

          Grant the departed amongst us Aljanat Firdaus and gives to their families left behind the fortitude to bear this great losses.

           I celebrate you in death my dear friend and benefactor. BURUJI KASHAMU.

Oluomo Olasunkanmi Ayinde Marshal
The MAYEGUN OF YORUBALAND

No comments:

Post a Comment