Saturday, July 18, 2020

AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW BIMBIM ADIRE FABRICS BOSS, ADEBIMPE AMUSA


Good afternoon fams, welcome to this week's personality hangout with our guest Adebimpe Islamiat Amusa the brain behind Bimbim Adire Fabrics.
Are we ready, pop in your questions and let's make this interactive session a lovely hangout



Olorimoblog: Good afternoon Adebimpe, are you ready sis?
Good afternoon and welcome as our guest this week on personality hangout with Olorimoblog. 
BIMBIM: Olorimoblog Yes, I am. 
Good Afternoon 

Olorimoblog:  Can we meet this beautiful Ebony, your growing up and what brought about Bimbim?
BIMBIM:   My name is Amusa Islamiat Adebimpe. I’m a final year student of Federal College of Education, Osiele Abeokuta. 
The daughter of a late popular Broadcaster/Journalist in Ogun State, Alhaji Chief Adio Amusa (Awikonko).
I was born and brought in Abeokuta, Ogun state. 
My mum gave me the name “BimBim” right from my toodler age. It’s a name she calls me when hailing me or trying to make me laugh. 

Olorimoblog:  Good afternoon Adebimpe, please can you tell us what gave the inspiration to venture into Adire 
BIMBIM:   I have always been a lover of Art right from young age. I draw, paint and can also purify clay, and mould perfectly. 
Moving in Adire making is just a part of me, which is Art.

Olorimoblog:   Wow, good to hear that,  maybe I would say you inherited the media blood from your dad. 
BIMBIM:  Olorimo, You’re right!


Olorimoblog:  Adebimpe ,like you said a final year student, how have you been able to handle school and adire production or sell to bring about balance 
BIMBIM:  I have always being a person that loves to work and make her own money while studying. Even with the fact that I hate to depend on people, I chose a part time program (weekend program) when processing my admission in 2017. So, I work during week days and attend classes on weekends


Olorimoblog:  Why Adire among your other choice of Art and how have you been able to market and reach out to customers even as student?
BIMBIM:   I have always want something more lucrative and a vocation that will fetch more money. Adire making is a passion, although I wasn’t showing interest when I was at Secondary, then I focused more on Ceramics making but I chose Adire as a start and to make more money. Money to pay bills and to keep my creativeness alive. 

Olorimoblog:  If it is not adire making, can you please tell us what else you would have ventured into? 
BIMBIM:  Acting or business.  These are things I have plans to go back to when I am done with my present program.

Olorimoblog:  I noticed your kind of Adire brand is different and unique,  you make them into readymade shirt,  tops and caps, what brought about the concept and tell us more about it?
BIMBIM:  I make most of my designs on Shirts, tops and caps because most of our youth out there want something that will fit their regular wear. Something they can wear to anywhere without looking like a traditionalist  (as they quote). They also prefer designs different designs that would be different from the regular patterns they see on our regular Adire fabrics.
I do fabrics too but I work more on what our youth will prefer and still look classy.

Olorimoblog:  Can you please tell us what has been the secret that kept you on, like the driving force
BIMBIM:  My Son, anytime I remember him I just want to work harder. He deserves the best.

Olorimoblog:  Adebimpe ,what is your mantra in life? 
BIMBIM:  “Life is a lesson itself, full of both good and bad”

Olorimoblog:  How have you been able to cope with competition in the adire fabrics especially in abeokuta and what had made your brand stand out?
BIMBIM:  Olorimoblog, I study my competitors and I am always ready to learn from them. I have lots of mentors that are boss in this industry. I move closer to them and learn. How I relate with my customers has also been helping my business. I got to know about this because someone them give feedbacks.

Olorimoblog:  You said if not adire making, it's either acting o business, if its' acting, will it be Yoruba or English film industry?
BIMBIM:  Any of the two. It can always get better with time bcos I can’t really I speak Yoruba or English language well but I love to learn.

Olorimoblog:  What is the greatest challenge you have ever faced and how you conquered it. 

What is the worse challenges you're facing presently.

Also, has the economy affected your part of work?

How do you also get your designs and we understand the world is going into development daily, do you think there are designs that will be accepted as the world develops?
BIMBIM:  The greatest challenge I faced when I started this business was getting quality fabrics but that has been sorted.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Delivering to my customers that are far away in the east and northern part of this country. The price of waybill do stop them from buying products, except they are buying many.

Yeah, it has especially when this pandemic started. Getting material became difficult bcos our vendors couldn’t import materials like dye and chemicals etc....

My designs are from inspiration. I sit and imagine, then try them. 
I have some personal design that I alone can make them. 



Olorimoblog:   As a young lady who is industrious and ambitious, what's your advise to fellow ladies and how do you handle male folks?
BIMBIM:   A hardworking lady gets the respect. When you work more as a lady you become more independent and there are people out there that watches what you do without being aware. Keeep doing what you do and be prayerful with it. 
Male folks will sure come over because they all want an industrious woman but being open when interacting with them on business or any other thing prepares their mind and it give awareness of who you are and what you want. 
Place yourself on a high level, things might be hard now but don’t be deceived by anyone. The only person that can’t disappoint you is your Maker. 


Olorimoblog:  How is Bimbim Adire Fabrics coping with the COVID-19 lockdown and how has it affected the business?
BIMBIM:  It wasn’t easy when the pandemic started because we could get materials from Lagos and our vendors closed down. Even if we make clothes, there was no way we could send them to the owner and most of our customers were after storing food stuff at home. It really affected the business even till now. The issue we face now is way billing. The available ones are expensive.

Olorimoblog:  Adebimpe Are you married or in a relationship (asking for our uncles out there) smiles
BIMBIM:   I’m single๐Ÿ˜


Olorimoblog:   What other things do we expect from the brand soon or the nearest future?
BIMBIM:  Olorimoblog ,Very soon we will be producing different packages that has our products in them like , Adire note pad, Adire throwpillow African painted frame, Adire shirts etc.... ( wait for it, pls)

Olorimoblog:  May we know if your products(adire) are pocket friendly? 
BIMBIM:  Sure, they are pocket friendly. The reason why our products are in grades. We product our products according to our pocket level, and we give discount too๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜


Olorimoblog:  What makes your work unique from other brands of the same class ma'am?
BIMBIM:  Majorly, my customers do say my products doesn’t fade even those that wash them with detergent and Washing machine. I also use quality fabrics.

Olorimoblog:   Adebimpe what are you hobbies and relaxation mood?
BIMBIM:   I love music, surfing the internet and reading romantic novels. I relax by sleeping. I don’t really go out like that bcos my work is strenuous. 

Olorimoblog:  
How Do You Plan On Growing Your Business?
BIMBIM:  Invest more in the business and products with outstanding designs.

Olorimoblog: BimBim, with the recent pop up of material clothe for male, Adire is not really the common thing for guys. How can you encourage guys to wear Adire frequently too 
BIMBIM:  I encourage men with my irregular patterns. I watch what they wear and produce something similar to that. I have doctors that wear my product to work and their colleagues do fall in love with it. Majorly I ask them their taste and preference in colour and pattern.

Olorimoblog:  Is this brand mainly or only known in Abeokuta or you have been able to break bounds? 
BIMBIM:   I have broken bounds beyond Abeokuta. Most of my customers are outside Abeokuta because I advertise my products more on social media.

Olorimoblog:  How did you get your idea or concept for the business?
BIMBIM:  I learnt Adire under a foundation at Ketu Lagos, and then learnt more at Itoku Abeokuta.

Olorimoblog:  Adebimpe, To what do you attribute your success?
BIMBIM: Creativity ๐Ÿ˜

Olorimoblog:  What is your favourite meal and do you love food๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜?
BIMBIM:  Olorimoblog ,I’m a foodie๐Ÿคช. 
As an Ibadan girl, I love Amala with ewedu and Abula๐Ÿ˜

Olorimoblog:   Wow, it feels so good having you on with us today,  after your programme in FCE, osiele, what next?
BIMBIM:   After my program, my directing dream follows. I have it planned to go for Movie Directing course.

Olorimoblog:   How has social media helped build your brand?
BIMBIM:   Social media has really helped me a lot. I started sales there, my major customer were met there and people re post my products for other people out there to see. 

Olorimoblog:  What is unique about your business?
BIMBIM:   Brain tasking.

Olorimoblog:  How many employees? 
BIMBIM:   2 employees work for me, although they are my sisters.

Olorimoblog:  Adebimpe, It is indeed a beautiful interactive session with you Bimbims Adire Fabrics bosslady, I really appreciate your availability and the way you have answered our questions. What will you like to tell our readers as we round up?
BIMBIM: I’m rounding up with my watch word which is “In everything you do,put God first.”
Thanks for having me. I really appreciate.


No comments:

Post a Comment