Saturday, July 18, 2020

SKIMA SAX, THE SAXOPHONIST TRENDING IN THE INDUSTRY CUM CO-FOUNDER OF PICKMEUP LOGISTICS



On the interactive session with OLORIMOBLOG this session, I am having the Popular Adeitan Abimbola Skima Sax and Co-founder of the Pickmeup Logistics as my guest,Enjoy the interactive session.

Olorimoblog:  Adeitan Abimbola Skima Sax, can we meet you and really know who is Adeitan Abimbola?
SKIMA:  I am Adeitan Abimbola Moses 

Olorimoblog:  May, We know about your background, how was it like growing up?
SKIMA:    I hail from iperu remo Ogun state. I belong to the family of 3 . I finshed my secondary school at Mayflower school ikenne. And graduated from the department of accounting from the Premier University of Education (TASUED) 

Olorimoblog:  Tell us how did the name Skima Sax came up?
SKIMA:  Olorimoblog I love music and love playing the musical instrument. But 1 out of many I love is the saxophone. It has really helped me and paved way for me. With the saxophone I have met so many people and with the saxophone, i got a scholarship in year 2 during my university days and the donor paid my school fee throughout my years in university

Olorimoblog:  Please can you tell us what your personal mantra is?
SKIMA:   My best mantra is my Favourite words” We will surely win” 

Olorimoblog:   Skima Sax that's really nice, shows you do love Saxophone. How have it been as a saxophonist in the music industry despite many others?
SKIMA:  I have plans and schedules for different things I do. There is time for everything. Saxophone has been my greatest stepping stone and it will always be my favorite. However, as human being, you need to identify other areas where you can perform better and I can say, entrepreneurship as a whole has been a part of me with the use of creativity and technology. So therefore, everyday is for creativity while special days are for saxophones 

Olorimoblog:  What inspired you into music?
SKIMA:    My parent showed us the best path to life which is religion. It played a big role in our life and moreover our house seem to be the house of music. Mum is a member of the chorister, dad is a steward, I play the sax, my junior brothers play the piano and guitar respectively while my elder bro plays the drums



Olorimoblog:  Skima Sax indeed, you must be a good multitasking personnel. Let's meet Abimbola as a co-founder of Pickmeup Logistics,  what prompted you into logistics industry and tell us about this  yellow brand
SKIMA:  Pickmeup came into existence right from 2017. I have had the plan with my creativeness to add beauty to the transport and logistics sector. So I had started building the yellow brand since 2017, it took 2years for it to surface much better and in few years to come, it will be well known all wide.

Olorimoblog:   How have you been able to make the vision a reality despite many competitions in logistics industry today?
SKIMA:   Whatever you want to do, you must first have a good idea about it. We understand everybody in the industry have a certain way of doing the job and our own main focus was technology as our USP. So we remain branded and with the use of technology operates our business 

Olorimoblog:  Apart from Sax, what other musical instrument do you play 
SKIMA: Piano and abit of trumpet 

Olorimoblog:   Tell us the brand Pickmeup Logistics,  what are you into and it's vision as a brand?
SKIMA:  Pickmeup is a limited liability company with core business in transport and logistics. We operate in Lagos, Abeokuta, remo, ibadan and akure.   Our vision is to be the leading logistics company in Africa by 2040

Olorimoblog:  About your music career, how is the approach from your fans when you first started and now?
SKIMA:  One thing I have enjoyed in life is continual support from people. My biggest fan are my parents. They come to shows I am expected to perform and they cheer me up. No other feeling than having to see ur patents cheer u up. Various people from different places have kept supporting and encouraging. They are the real MVP. Shoutout to my fans anywhere in the world Adetokunbo Soluade Onagbesan Yaya Agbolade Prince-Kujore Oluwaseyifunmi Adewale Oruma a lot of people ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Olorimoblog:  Skima Sax A nice one there, so with the Covid-19 Pandemic outbreak, how has your company been able to operate and carry on the business?
SKIMA:   We are part of the businesses excempted to carry out activities. As we transport food and essential materials around. 

Olorimoblog:  About your logistic company, how well is your operation in terms of tackling competition, knowing fully well yours ain't the only company into such?
SKIMA:   Our USP is technology and innovations. We introduced the first Nigeria No1 Virtual logistics assistant “OLA”. It an artificial intelligence with the ability to receive and process delivery orders and send to human being to complete . This is new to the industry 

Olorimoblog:  What will you say is the most challenging period for you and your brand as a logistics company?
SKIMA:  The industry is loaded with many challenges itself. Government policies, customers wahala and lots more. However, one of our biggest challenge was when we started without no company bikes and we used our platforms to link up riders in different areas. It was challenging and tasing 

Olorimoblog:   Skima Sax how did you handle customer's acceptance and satisfaction as a new brand into the business, I can tell how customers could go on and on before you can persuade them to accept your brand, how did you manage that period?
SKIMA:  That is one of the best way to know an entrepreneur and a real business man. Some customers can be so funny but u need to find a way around it. Everyone loves to be associated with good and attractive thing and I believe the yellow colour and brand does that.....won’t you be happy if a yellow champion delivers your product as well πŸ˜‚

Olorimoblog:  What would you be doing right now, if it wasn't a career in music ?
SKIMA:   Anything tech and innovations

Olorimoblog:  Back to the virtual assistant, there is a musical application from your company now called "Oba Orin", can you tell us more about this application and where people could get it?
SKIMA:   Oba Orin is an artificial intelligence that helps human search all kinds of songs from different platforms. You don’t need to surf the Internet searching for songs all you need is to send the address to Oba orin and it will be done ✅. Oba Orin is actively available on telegram .

Olorimoblog: For lover of Fuji music, you mentioned something like religion bla bla bla. Is there a way you intend to serve we the Fuji fans with your saxophone or it's purely religion classic
SKIMA:  As a musician, I play all genre of musics.

Olorimoblog:  Who would be your favourite artist you would most likely want to collaborate with as a saxophonist?
SKIMA:    I like simi songs 

Olorimoblog:  Skima Sax so, on Oba Orin as an application,  we can download any kind of song and live shows of musicians?
SKIMA:   Yes however Oba Orin is just a contact as well. Just say hello and it will answer al ur needs

 Olorimoblog:   Who is your mentor in music industry? 
SKIMA:   As a saxophonist my mentor is Mike Aremu

Olorimoblog:  As Skima Sax,  what do we expect from you and hope logistics won't talk you offstage?
SKIMA:  Olorimoblog, nope sax is my fav of all time. Working on some projects 

Olorimoblog: It is on record that artists or instrumentalist like yourself are surrounded with alot of chicks, how do they rush you and how do you manage them? 
SKIMA:  We dey manage 

Olorimoblog:   Skima Sax you were among the musicians that performed at the Remo Concert in January, how does it feels going back to your root to play?
SKIMA:  Nothing as good as playing infront of ur people 

Olorimoblog:   As a Youth in our world today especially Nigerian making a brand for himself, what's your advice to the youths?
SKIMA:   Do the best you can do and create a niche for yourself...

Olorimoblog:   So, I am asked thru DM now that is Skima Sax marriedπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜
SKIMA:   Skima sax isn’t married ooo

Olorimoblog:   Sir, can you tell us the best day and bad day for you as an instrumentalist.
What happened?
SKIMA:  The best day was when I met Toyosi Akerele-Ogunsiji. She connected me with the big guns in all industries. I cannot forget the woman❤️ while my bad day was when I wanted to perform, my mic had issues...I really didn’t like it 

Olorimoblog:   Skima Sax so How do you see Skima Sax,  the Saxophonist in couple of years?
SKIMA:  Growing and above all more of the entrepreneur type πŸ˜‡. Na just special occasions....ko le tan lara omoba ko ma ku dasaki

Olorimoblog:   When do we get to see a debut album Or you have album out already?
SKIMA:   I have singles 

Olorimoblog:  About  pickmeup logistics company. Any challenges with the trade union? like NURTW, Okada Rider  Association? 
SKIMA:  not at all 

Olorimoblog:  How do your fans get to download those singles?
SKIMA:  Olorimoblog, just go to google and type skima sax . You will see links to my songs 

Olorimoblog:  Adeitan Abimbola Skima Sax it is indeed a great time interacting with you on Olorimoblog this edition,  I want to appreciate you for your time with us here, I say a big thank you boss and hope you will accept our invitation when next we call you?
SKIMA:  Olorimoblog 100% with you everyday ❤️

Olorimoblog:   I want to thank my guest Mr Adeitan Abimbola Skima Sax for honouring the Invitation to hangout with Olorimoblog, God bless you bro. I remain your host M'o Empress, we meet for another edition of personality hangout, Watch out for my new guest on this page. πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

No comments:

Post a Comment