Tuesday, July 14, 2020

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH KAYKAY SCORING ON OLORIMOBLOG, HOW HE BECAME A MUSICIAN AND HIS STYLE OF MUSIC



          He was named OLANREWAJU Kehinde FOLARIN but in the music industry he is known as KAYKAY SCORING . A juju hip-hop artist who is married with two adorable. A Christian and a graduate of Criminology and Security Studies from NOUN university.
Asked him why he choose the path, The story was:

          From my child hood have got that interest in Nigeria Criminal law because my uncle back then was studying law at OOU and I do pick few of his books and read most times and got interested. During secondary school days, I started having interest in music while playing piano in school and teaching the junior class . I started playing for live band in 2002 and never even had it in mind I will ever be on stage as chairman or have my own band . Was just doing my music as a pianist and a producer not until few years back when I worked with a popular musician ( Alayo Melody Singer ) as his keyboardist and sincerely I really learnt a lots from him then I decided to have my own band and he granted me permission officially👏

Permit me to welcome to this week's personality hangout with Olorimoblog Kaykay scoring


Olorimoblog: Tell us, how growing up was for you and your childhood experience
Kaykay Scoring : Growing up in life more and more is a good thing and i keep understanding what LIFE is

Olorimoblog: May we meet you sir?
Who is Kaykay scoring?
Kaykay Scoring : I am Olanrewaju Folarin, Popularly known as KAYKAY SCORING. I am a juju musician and based in Lagos . I was born in abeokuta, Ogun State

Olorimoblog:  What brought about the name Kaykay scoring?
Kaykay Scoring:  KAYKAY SCORING IS MY STAGE NAME . KayKay is just Alias ( Kehinde Kolapo ) and Scoring is a musical term.. 

Olorimoblog: As a musician, how did it started, what prompted the passion and how has the journey been so far? 
Kaykay Scoring: Well i started from secondary school in 19s being the school pianist . And the journey has been so good . Thou there would be challenges sometimes, but one must be focus and work harder 

Olorimoblog:  Who inspired you into music or what prompted the spark into it? 
Kaykay Scoring:  KING SUNNY ADE & ALAYO MELODY SINGER 

Olorimoblog:  Please tell us that favorite track or album you have made so far? 
Kaykay Scoring: Have done 3 albums (  Abundant Joy , Ojumo Ayo and Thanksgiving ) And i have 4 VOLUMES( Juju-hiphop-mix )


Olorimoblog:  Having interest in criminal law how have you been able to fine tune it into the music industry to curb crime related matters? 
Kaykay Scoring: All associations has norms and rules guiding their profession and we have protocols so all musicians knows right from wrong . I dont think there is crime in music industry (smiles)

Olorimoblog: lol. No crime in the music industry I no talk say crime dey na . wetin I dey yarn be say how have you been able to use your music to curb crime related issues
Kaykay Scoring: I dont remember when last have produced a song related to crime curbing. Like this corona period all musicians keeps singing about it i never sing one song like this about corona.. I have ways of doing my things in music industry . BUT MY ATTITUDE AND ADVISES ON ALL MY SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE MIGHT CURB CRIME

Olorimoblog:Lol. I'm going to put you on hot sit. Should one sing for fame or for money considering old artiste standard of living?
KaykayScoring: Well you dont have to sing for fame or money because you would finally produce blunders . Be creative and sing ever-green music. Your good work would give you fame and money

Olorimoblog: How would you describe Nigeria music industry today?
Kaykay Scoring: THE BEST COUNTRY THAT HAS BEST LIVE BAND

Olorimoblog:  What advise would you have for your fans and the people in general?
Kaykay Scoring: 
Well my advise for my fans is to keep supporting young and upcoming musicians because no one knows where they will be tomorrow . No celebrity got to that level immediately so my fans shouldnt downgrade any upcoming artist . And im using this medium
To tel my fans i give them rooms to correct me if im making any mistakes or doing something wrong and i will definitely dance to their tune 

Olorimoblog: Your songs and beats are so much similar to Alayo, why is that or because you were previously in his band?
Kaykay Scoring: Well my beats and songs are quite different from Alayo Singer's own . But being a repertoire musicians, i sings all genres of music and styles and i have all kind of voice . But sincerely sometimes i always feel like singing like my boss ( Alayo Singer ) just because i was one of his team before i did my freedom and started my band

Olorimoblog: Would you say you feel fulfilled as a musician than any other profession and what advise would you give young upcoming artist who sees you as a role model?
Kaykay Scoring:  UPCOMING ARTIST SHOULD BE FOCUSED AND DETERMINED . THEY SHOULD WORK MORE HARDER AND NEVER RELY ON SPIRITUAL POWER ASSISTANT 

Olorimoblog: What can you say is the most challenging period as a musician and how have you been able to manage competition in the industry?
Kaykay Scoring:  I DONT COMPETE IN MUSIC INDUSTRY I ALWAYS SHOW THEM IM THE BEST BUT NO COMPETITION . 

Olorimoblog: When you hold the Mic to sing and appreciate or hail your fans, how does it feels and those inspiration you get whenever you are on stage?
Kaykay Scoring: I feel like fulfilling destiny

Olorimoblog: What is cooking from the stable of Kaykay Scoring?
Kaykay Scoring: My fans should watchout for my next album coming out soonest.

Olorimoblog: How can you describe Kaykay scoring in one word?
Kaykay Scoring: A man who has a vision and working hard daily to fulfilling destiny 

Olorimoblog: I want to appreciate our guest KayKay Scoring for honouring our invitation and hope you will answer us again. It's been a great privilege interacting with you Kaykay Scoring,  God bless you and we will be looking forward to the release of your album. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment